Name your wallet with an ENS
An Ethereum Name Service (ENS) is a customizable secondary address that you can purchase for your Loopring Smart Wallet.
When you create a Loopring Smart Wallet, a randomly generated address of 42 letters and numbers is created for the wallet. This address is used when you send and receive Ethereum-based assets, such as sending LRC from another service to your wallet, or when receiving an NFT.
A Loopring ENS follows the format of [your-unique-name].loopring.eth. Purchasing an ENS for your Loopring Smart Wallet makes it easier for you to send and receive Ethereum-based assets because you don’t need to use your original 45-character address, which can lead to errors if not correctly copied and pasted during transactions.
Review the following considerations and limitations for using an ENS:
- Your Loopring Smart Wallet can have only one ENS. After you purchase an ENS, you can’t replace it or purchase a new one.
- The name for your ENS must be 4-12 characters long and can’t already be in use.
- The more characters in your ENS, the higher the ENS purchase fee will be.
- Your ENS can’t contain special characters or uppercase letters.
- You must purchase your ENS using LRC on Layer-2 or Loopring Points.
The total cost to purchase an ENS involves two fees: the ENS registration fee and the Ethereum gas fee. The ENS registration fee is a flat fee that is charged by the ENS Foundation to register an ENS. The Ethereum gas fee is a variable fee to add your ENS to the registry. Consider creating your ENS when gas fees are lower.
Wallet tip: Here you can track the gas fee rates to get a much better price quotation when creating your wallet. The lower the gas fee rate is, the lower the activation cost is needed. 👉 https://etherscan.io/gastracker
- 1.From your Loopring Smart Wallet, tap Gear icon > Manage Current Wallet.
- 2.Tap your profile details (top portion of the screen) then tap ENS.
- 3.Enter a name for your ENS, and then tap Next.
- 4.Optional: Tap the total cost to change your method of payment.
- 5.Review your purchase, and then tap Confirm.
You have successfully named your wallet! It should now be easier to remember your wallet address.